Wednesday 23 November 2016

The Sheer Stupidity of PC Culture

The other Day President Barack Obama, with his last few remaining months of relevancy, decided to give medals of freedom to a bunch of celebrities and athletes.

If you want the details of who was awarded with this meaningless piece of metal, go ahead and google it.

Freedom....celebrities...athletes.

I just don't get it.

Why do we exalt these people to the status of deity in our modern culture? (I use the term culture loosely here, a culture is defined by a set of rules and norms and limitations on human behaviour, I do not believe our modern existence can properly be defined as culture)

I'm sure there are some humanitarian pursuits that these people have engaged in, but the key aspect that they represent (well the athletes anyway) is hard work, dedication, an elite mindset and sheer willpower. The celebrities represent hedonism, childishness, self indulgence, and immaturity.

What the fuck does that have to do with freedom? Ellen DeGeneres (is that how you spell it?) interviews famous people all day and makes light of everything. Her show is like televised Soma (go read Brave New World).

Why does our PC culture give these people so much importance? They're propaganda puppets for the establishment. Pro-Hillary every last one, shit even my childhood idol Michael Jordan received a useless medal.

Propaganda. We're supposed to do what they tell us, think how they want us, and they want to make us envy this nonsense.

The worst part for me is Kareem was there, I respect Kareem like hell, that is one authentic dude. I guess he's just along for the ride or something, but goddamn the vapidity of our culture is beginning to irk me.

I think I need to quit Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment